About Me

My photo
Wife and mom to boy/girl twins! Photography is my passion!

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

To blessed to be stressed

Last night I had a revelation: It's an absolute miracle that we were blessed to have 2 healthy and amazing children despite the fact that we needed a test tube to conceive them. A boy and a girl.....are you kidding me? How blessed is THAT!? I have a few friends who are going through some seriously medical challenges with their kids, V and Stephen are fighting cancer TIMES TWO in their house....V has stage III ovarian cancer and her 2.5 year old son Aexander (Alec) has brain cancer. I am praying for them non-stop and hope that good comes out of all of this. "Alexander the Great" is what they call him at their caringbridge site: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/alexandermartinez

I mean, c'mon. This is the definition of perspective! When I think I've had a bad day, it's nothing compared to the day V and Stephen and Alec are going through. It's funny how life teaches us things when we are ready to learn. I have surrendered to growth and I am letting God do the work. My twins are a miracle, no doubt, and to say my cup is full is an understatement, but I am so grateful for God's blessings on my life. Thank you Lord for showing me this through growth. I pray for all those in need and may your miracles never cease! AMEN!

2 comments:

Katie said...

Sing it, Sista!

Gorgeous fam. . . and I will pray for your friends. That's just awful.

apc24_13_21 said...

How true are your words. Joy and happiness can be found in any situation. And there is always someone worse off than you. Focus on the positive - love, faith, redemption, compassion, friends, family, God - and everything else will fall into place. I'm so glad I read this. I needed to be reminded today!

Twins Rock!

Twins Rock!