About Me

My photo
Wife and mom to boy/girl twins! Photography is my passion!

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Quote of the day......

"Never compare your journey with someone else's. It's a marathon with no finish line. Someone else may start out faster than you, may seem to progress more quickly than you, but every runner has his own pace. Your journey is your journey, not a competition. You will never "arrive". No one ever does."

I came across this quote today. Something that has been on my mind lately is my journey into photography. I have loved everything about taking pictures since I was a little kid. Loved having my pictures taken and taking my own. The first camera I took a picture with was a Polaroid. So fun to have instant gratification right after you take a picture! In college I studied film photography and although it was cumbersome being in the darkroom, it was so rewarding seeing the finished product! Once I got married I continued to take pictures with my SLR then I got my first digital camera shortly thereafter. Looking back at the pixelated shots, I remember how amazing I thought they were back then. And I still do because they captured a moment that meant something and I will never forget. This is why I got into photography in the first place. Creating awesome memories and growing in composition and style as well! Even though my start up into professional digital photography has come quickly, I know journey has been long! I am so happy and full when my eye is behind that camera and I cannot imagine ever stopping! So here's to "mile 13" of my marathon! And many more miles to come! This picture was taken at LAX during Aubrey's second trip out to Florida. She loved watching the planes take off.

No comments:

Twins Rock!

Twins Rock!