About Me

My photo
Wife and mom to boy/girl twins! Photography is my passion!

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Family day trip

I have taken the twins to the Oregon Childerns Museum before. But not with Josh. I knew he would enjoy seeing the kids in this discovery playland. It's the cutest thing ever to watch their faces light up as soon as they walk in. We start with the "Waterworks" section. They give all the kids these mad scientist plastic smocks and they run around and play with all these pulleys, fountians and waterslides. This time I came prepared...brought each twin an extra set of clothes and made them wear their rubber boots which totally saved a crying freak out once they got cold.




Next you move into the grocery store area, which was entertaining to watch. Tons of kids stealing mini shopping carts and fake food from eachother. I felt a little mom rage when a little girl older then Aubrey swiped her cart from her, then she left it for a few minutes so we went over to get it back and the mom of the little girl said "Oh, that's hers!" It wasn't the first time I have bit my tounge in that situation, but the good news we were at the Childerens museum and there was pleanty of other distractions for us to go play with.

We then moved over to the baby discovery area. It said up to 36 months and we are just under that so, we went for it. Lots of fishtanks and faux riverbeds. My kids of course wanted to drink the gross water, but they had fun playing in the water and looking at all the rocks.


Towards the end there was a face painting section, which Aubrey was all over. The "grease crayons" are no joke as they stained my kids faces for 2 days...even after scrubbing. But it was fun to watch them look in the mirror and paint on themselves. It was a great day that ended at Popeyes Chicken and a major nap afterwords. I am living my dream life with the 3 most amazing people I know! Thanks God!

2 comments:

The Henry Family said...

Sounds like an incredible day with some incredible photography to show for it! I feel as if I am a broken record, always yammering on about your talent, but seriously. . . And I know you never get tired of hearing it! :)

apc24_13_21 said...

Your kiddos just keep getting cuter and cuter!

Twins Rock!

Twins Rock!