About Me

My photo
Wife and mom to boy/girl twins! Photography is my passion!

Saturday, November 24, 2007

Tiny miracle




Today I had the privilege of meeting the tiniest miracle I have ever seen! Christian was born to Crystal and Jason (Shela's nephew) at 26 weeks 1 day. Crystal spent 2 weeks up at OHSU after she discovered her amniotic fluid was leaking at 24 weeks. She was life lighted from her home in Hermiston, OR (200 miles from PDX) right away. She has been living with Shela for the past 3 weeks making daliy trips to the hospital while her little guy gets stronger up at the NICU. I knew he would be small, but this was beyond what I had imagined. I got teared up when I first saw him. . How could a baby this small still be alive? He was PERFECT! He is like everything you see on a full term newborn baby but TINY! I really loved his perfectly shaped head, long fingers and little toes. It was hard to take pictures because like Shela said before, you would rather just stare at him...... According to mom, Christian is the strongest premie up at OHSU. And looking around at the other babies (they are in incubators/isolates 4 per room) I agree! He is so precious and I wish I could see him everyday.....sigh.....at least I have pictures! So everyday thank God for miracles especially the ones that come in the smallest packages.

No comments:

Twins Rock!

Twins Rock!