About Me

My photo
Wife and mom to boy/girl twins! Photography is my passion!

Sunday, November 11, 2007

The Breastraunt is closed....


I can't say I coined the "breastraunt" part of the title, but when I heard the word (ok, a made up word) I could totally relate. The day my life as a breast feeder began, I knew I would be tested. Not only did we have to stay in the hospital an extra day because Gavin was losing weight like it was his job but Aubrey sounded like she was inhaling air the whole time she was feeding. I wanted to breastfeed my kids so badly and I knew I could do it! Breastfeeding was not easy for me or my boobs at the beginning, but like all other moms who have gone before me, it turned out to be one of the most rewarding parts of my job. So, fast forward 11 months and 2 weeks and here we are..... I started the gradual weaning process about 3 months ago once the babies started eating more and more dairy. As expected, the need for the boob was diminishing. The bonding and comfort aspects of it are amazing, and I will truly miss those moments, but my babies are not babies anymore, they are officially toddlers after 11/28! On one hand I am sad and the other hand so happy to know that even though my kids don't need me for nourishment anymore, they will always need me for guidance, discipline, hugs and mostly LOVE.

1 comment:

Heaven's Eye Phtotography said...

I am honored to not only be mentioned on your soon to be famous blog, but to also be the first poster!!! I just wanted to officially give you your "badge" for being a rockstar nurser of TWINS. You have always set out and stuck to your guns with everything you want to do in life...this was no different. I admire your will-power, strength, and tenacity! Here's to your saggy boobs! Don't worry, I am still looking into a two for one special to take care of our rocks-in-socks. K

Twins Rock!

Twins Rock!